All advance entries and information may be obtained below, or Lori Longo at (802) 365-4764, email@example.com
The Myrtle Phelps Perpetual Good Sportsmanship Award is given in memory of Myrtle Phelps, a lifelong resident of the Deerfield Valley and strong supporter of the Deerfield Valley Farmers’ Day Fair, particularly the Youth division. The award is presented to the judge’s choice for best sportsmanship in the English Youth and Western Youth divisions.
• CLEAN SITE DEPOSIT – per trailer not per entry. We share the field with other fair activities. We need your help in cleaning ALL manure and hay from the field/show area. When you are ready, one of the Horse show staff will check your site and return your deposit when the site is clean. Thank you in advance for your cooperation in helping keep the grounds clean!
• All persons 18 and under must wear a helmet when mounted. We encourage ALL riders to wear a helmet no matter the seat being ridden.
• No chaps in equitation classes.
• Age based on January of current year.
• 18 under SHOW FREE. Please pre-enter.
• Youth Walk Trot - 13 and under, Walk Trot Only.
• Beginner - 13 and under, Learning to Canter, Walk Trot Canter.
• Youth – 18 and under, Walk Trot Canter.
• Adult – 19 to 49 Walk Trot Canter.
• SR Select – 50 and over.
• Adult Walk Trot - 19 and over Walk Trot.
• Green Horse – Horses in their 1st or 2nd year of showing, rider must be over 13, may be asked to canter.
• Lead line - Ages 3-11 Walk may be asked to trot.
• No child will be tied or bound in any way to their horse. If they cannot hold on and ride independently they will be asked to leave the ring for their own safety.
• No one may approach the judge. The judge’s decision is final. Please see the show manager for any questions.
• Water is available on the grounds, located near the horse pull area.
• All out of state horses must be accompanied by a current year negative Coggins and rabies certificate.
• No galloping on grounds. Any Walk Trot riders found cantering will forfeit their points.
• Proper show attire must be worn, shoes/boots with heels must be worn, no sneakers allowed.
• Dogs are not allowed on the fair grounds for safety reasons.
• There will be at least six ribbons awarded in each class.
• Championship Ribbons and Trophies will be awarded at the end of day.
• Any day-end ties will be broken by Showmanship and Barrels.
• Known kickers must wear a red ribbon in their tail.
• If classes are canceled due to weather fees will be returned for those classes only.
• The show committee reserves the right to cancel or combine classes.
• Please respect others and use sportsmanship at ALL times.
• Any display of un-sportsman like conduct and/or mistreatment of horses OR unruly horses in the arena or on the grounds will be asked to leave. No refunds will be given.
• Stallions must be shown by a person 18 and over and must have a yellow ribbon in their tail.
• Horses shown at the owners/riders risk. The show committee, DVFDA assumes no responsibility for damage to animals, riders, vehicles, and or articles brought to the show.
UNDER VERMONT LAW, AN EQUINE ACTIVITY SPONSOR IS NOT LIABLE FOR AN INJURY TO, OR THE DEATH OF, A PARTICIPANT IN EQUINE ACTIVITIES RESULTING FROM THE INHERENT RISKS OF EQUINE ACTIVITIES THAT ARE OBVIOUS AND NECESSARY, PURSUANT TI 12 V.S.A. 1039.
101st Annual Deerfield Valley Farmers' Day Fair 8/9/2017 - 8/12/2018